The Alliance is now offering both in-person and remote participation!
Join us to speak with your elected officials and voice the importance of transportation in Minnesota.
Why is it important to go?
1. The FAST Act expires in September, 2020 - We need to send a strong message in support of reauthorization.
2. The House and Senate have developed Initial Transportation Authorization Proposals and Committees are active.
3. BUILD, INFRA, ROUTES Grant Proposals under consideration.
4. If you would like to meet your Congressional Representatives, Alliance Staff will be arranging individual meetings for you.
Price for Fly-In Package
$575 per person for meetings, receptions, and coordinating appointments for you. Does not include airfare, hotel or ground transportation.
$515 for Alliance Members.
$200 for Remote Participation
Tentative Schedule - subject to change
Tuesday, September 22
3:00 pm EST – Registration Washington Plaza
3:00 pm CST/4:00 pm EST – Welcome and Discussion of Federal Transportation Funding
- Status of Federal Highway Trust Fund
- Proposals for 5-year Surface Transportation Funding plan House and Senate
- Update on FY2021 THUD Appropriations
Emily Tranter, Lockridge Grindal Nauen; Dennis McGrann, Folger Square Group; Serge Phillips, MnDOT
4:30 CST/5:30 EST – Happy Hour and Networking Washington Plaza & Remote
- Invited: Senators Smith and Klobuchar
Wednesday, September 23 Washington Plaza & Remote
7:30 am CST/8:30 am EST – Breakfast with Minnesota Congressional Delegation
8:30/9:30 – Rep. Angie Craig
8:45/9:45 – Rep. Pete Stauber
9:00/10:00 – Rep. Ilhan Omar
9:15/10:15 – Rep. Jim Hagedorn
9:30/10:30 – Rep. Tom Emmer
9:30 am CST/10:30 am EST – Break
10:30 CST/11:30 EST – Presentation: New Changes to NEPA – Kevan Stone, Executive Director, NACE
1:00-4:00 pm CST/2:00-5:00 pm EST – Group Meetings with Staff
5:00 pm EST – Happy Hour and Dinner in DC
Thursday, September 24
8:00 am CST/9:00 EST – Breakfast with Senator Smith or Klobuchar - invited
Federal Transit Funding
- CARES Act Status
- Proposed Transit Funding by House and Senate
- Minnesota Transit Needs and Projects
Caroline Hunsicker, Office of Senator Smith; American Public Transit Assn.
9:30 am CST/10:30 am EST – Update on Transportation Revenue and Construction in Other States –
Dr. Alison Premo Black, ARTBA
10:30 am CST/11:30 am EST – Thank You & Concluding Remarks
Here's What you need to know:
1. Reserve your flight now!
2. Washington Plaza Hotel has rooms available online, but rooms are limited. Book your room ASAP.
3. Ground Transportation is not included, but attendees often split cab/ shuttlefare
Washington Plaza Hotel
10 Thomas Circle, NW
Washington, DC 20005
Discount rate: $329 per night
Cut-off date: August 24, 2020
800.424.1140 or Book Online.
Reference: Transportation Alliance