Radisson Capitol Ridge Hotel
.The 2022 Legislative Session has provided opportunities for increased investments in highway, bridge, and transit projects.
- Legislature will be working with a major general fund surplus - $7.7 billion estimated in November;
- CapVital Budget Year – a major capital funding bill will a key focus of the session.
- We advocated for funding the Local Bridge program, Local Road Wetland Replacement Program, Local Road Improvement program, Bus Rapid Transitways, Port and Waterway funding and rail improvements;
- New federal infrastructure dollars require a state/local match and additional funding is needed to compete effectively for discretionary grant dollars;
- Legislative Leaders and Committee Chairs spoke about transportation funding in 2022;