The Alliance is now offering remote participation*
Our Washington D.C. Fly-In is cheaper and more accessible than ever! Always wanted to participate in our Fly-In? Now's your chance!
Join us to speak with your elected officials and voice the importance of transportation in Minnesota.
Why is it important to be a part of this event?
1. The FAST Act expires in September, 2020 - We need to send a strong message in support of reauthorization.
2. The House and Senate have developed Initial Transportation Authorization Proposals and Committees are active.
3. BUILD, INFRA, ROUTES Grant Proposals under consideration.
4. If you would like to meet your Congressional Representatives, Alliance Staff will be arranging individual meetings for you.
Price for Fly-In Package
$200 for Remote Participation
- Network with transportation professionals on our new networking platform
- Advocate for transportation projects and issues
- Support the Alliance
- Meet with your congressional representatives
Tentative Schedule - subject to change
Tuesday, September 22
3:00 pm CST– Welcome and Discussion of Federal Transportation Funding
- Status of Federal Highway Trust Fund
- Proposals for 5-year Surface Transportation Funding plan House and Senate
- Update on FY2021 THUD Appropriations
Emily Tranter, Lockridge Grindal Nauen; Dennis McGrann, Folger Square Group; Serge Phillips, MnDOT
4:30 CST – Happy Hour and Networking
- Invited: Senators Smith and Klobuchar
Wednesday, September 23
7:30 am CST – Breakfast with Minnesota Congressional Delegation via Zoom
7:45 – Welcome and introduction
8:00 – Rep. Betty McCollum
8:15– Rep. Dean Phillips
8:30– Rep. Angie Craig
8:45 – Rep. Pete Stauber
9:00– Rep. Ilhan Omar
9:15 – Rep. Jim Hagedorn
9:30 – Rep. Tom Emmer
9:45 – Rep. Collin Peterson
9:45 am CST – Break
10:30 CST – Presentation: New Changes to NEPA – Kevan Stone, Executive Director, NACE
1:00-4:00 pm CST – Group Meetings with Staff
4:00 pm CST – Happy Hour
Thursday, September 24
8:00 am CST– Breakfast with Senator Klobuchar - confirmed
Federal Transit Funding
- CARES Act Status
- Proposed Transit Funding by House and Senate
- Minnesota Transit Needs and Projects
Caroline Hunsicker, Office of Senator Smith; American Public Transit Assn.
9:30 am CST – Update on Transportation Revenue and Construction in Other States –
Dr. Alison Premo Black, ARTBA
10:30 am CST– Thank You & Concluding Remarks